Recent Changes in Digital Marketing
Connect with Your Target Market and Embrace the Evolution
Digital marketing has become a generalized term with so many sub-categories that it can be difficult to know where to start. The foundation of all marketing is understanding target audiences. Study them, understand their habits, and reach them on their level—and that includes social media accessibility and SEO optimization. The beauty of the “digital” aspect is the way that technology constantly changes, offering new opportunities to track and reach that target market. Don’t allow yourself to get overwhelmed with the possibilities. Instead, welcome the changes as new tools to market more effectively.
The Most Up-to-Date Digital Marketing Tactics
Search marketing, copywriting, analytics, and SEO algorithms are always on the move, stay in the know with these recent changes:
- Multi-Channel Marketing: Advertising on one platform using indirect or direct methods can only get you so far. Make your brand more visible by emphasizing its selling points across multiple channels. Identify the sites frequented and online habits of your target market; then, create valuable content that’s accessible throughout.
- Interactive is Engaging: Allow users to navigate the content personally, creating an outcome or filling a need based on their choices. The more interactive the process, the more likely they are to identify with the brand and be persuaded to try the product.
- Real-Time Analytics: Different words and visual tactics can have an impact on the intent of the user. Make subtle changes and measure their impact using real-time analytics. Assign a value to every word, concept, and graphic used in your marketing.
- Digital Door-to-Door Marketing is Dead: That’s right, the original email marketing campaign is dying. Not only do users consider cold email campaigns to be “spammy” and inconsiderate, they also have the tools to keep them out of their primary inbox. Newsletters on a subscription basis are still useful when they contain valuable content and shift the focus from sales.
- Accessorize: The more tools you have at your disposal, the more you’ll be able to build your brand and effectively market it. Technology has become so diversified and publicly accessible that your target market will be available over a wide range of different platforms. Keep your digital marketing cutting edge, and you’ll see a positive change.
Whether you need Toronto SEO services or a competitive digital marketing campaign, we can help. Contact us at WSI Digital Path today and start evolving your small or medium sized business into a marketing powerhouse.